Terry is an executive coach, organization development consultant, researcher, and author. Terry has over 21 years of coaching experience and 30 years of business experience. He has worked with companies and organizations in multiple industries including high tech, aerospace, financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, insurance, energy, government, and nonprofit. He works primarily with mid-level and senior executives including members of the executive committee, board chairs, chief executive officers, vice presidents, directors, and selected promising leaders.
Terry is an expert in the principles of evidence based coaching, which involves using the best existing theoretical and researched knowledge, in combination with his personal coaching skills and knowledge of the client, to develop and deliver an effective coaching engagement.
He was formerly at HP for over 22 years where he served in several positions in engineering, management, and master-level internal consulting, where he worked with the leaders of global business units on strategy development, organizational effectiveness, and leadership development.
He is a Master Certified Coach (MCC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF) and a certified Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) with the MEECO Institute. Terry is also the Director of the Evidence Based Coaching Program at the Fielding Graduate University. He also an executive coach at UCLA Anderson School of Management in the Executive Education and Diversity Leadership programs. Terry earned his PhD in Human and Organizational Systems from Fielding.
Education, Certifications, Faculty, Publications
- Terry is also the Director of the Evidence Based Coaching Program at the Fielding Graduate University. He is passionate about educating professional coaches.
- He is a Master Certified Coach (MCC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF), a certified Master Corporate Executive Coach (MCEC) with the MEECO Leadership Development Institute, a certified Evidence Based Coach from the Fielding Graduate University, a Social & Emotional Intelligence Certified Coach from the Institute for Social & Emotional Intelligence (ISEI), a Certified Conversational Intelligence® Coach, a Certified Productivity Coach, and a Book Yourself Solid® Certified Coach from Michael Port.
- He also serves as an executive coach at UCLA Anderson School of Management in the Executive Education and Diversity Leadership programs.
- He is a professionally trained Certified Coaching Supervisor from The Goldvarg Consulting Group, Inc.
- He is certified in over 30 instruments and tools, including Hogan Assessments, the Leadership Circle 360 Profile, the Birkman Method, Korn Ferry Voices 360, and Lominger Voices 360, MBTI, Integrative Enneagram, and others.
- Terry is co-author of the book, Leading Business Change for Dummies.
- Terry earned his PhD in Human and Organizational Systems from the Fielding Graduate University.
- He also holds an MA in Organizational Design and Effectiveness and an MA in Human Development from Fielding along with a BS in Materials Science from Rice University.
- He has also completed Fielding’s Certificate in Integral Studies and the Certificate in Evidence Based Coaching.
- Computer Technologies
- Executive Coaching
- 360 Assessment
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive Coaching
- Physician Leader Coaching