My main areas of expertise as an executive coach are: Executive Presence/Presentation Skills, High Potentials, Managing Conflict/Tension in Relationships, and Self-Awareness/Growth. I match best with coachees who are ready to roll up their sleeves and "show up" for the work. I have a down-to-earth/candid coaching style, less formal. I work well with highly analytic professionals who need to break through their communication barriers in order to progress in their careers or achieve their next major milestones.
I love making an impact on people's lives through coaching. My goal is to help leaders turn insights into action in order to achieve results. I help my clients breakthrough to the next level in their careers or next major milestones, overcome long-standing fears and doubts, and shift their mindset to be empowered and ready for the next challenge. I am passionate about what I do and lifelong learner.
Good coaching involves open and candid conversation, a willingness to be pushed, accountability and follow-up. I employ a multi-phase approach to all coaching engagements, that includes the following:
- View of Self - I use a variety of personality assessments, strengths profiles and/or behavioral interviewing techniques with the coachee; all aimed at helping him/her have a thorough understanding of SELF. Sometimes this phase also includes video recording and playback. This is a critical phase of the coaching, in that it reveals strengths, weaknesses and biases.
- Others' View of Coachee - Includes written 360 data (if available) and interviews with key stakeholders.
- Goals/Planning - After analyzing the data from assessments and interviews, alongside the goals set forth by the sponsor of the engagement, we will jointly identify 2-3 goals for the coaching engagement.
- Sessions & Homework - We meet every 2-3 weeks for 60-90 minutes to discuss progress on goals, explore barriers and come up with strategies to overcome them. Between sessions, the coachee will be expected to "be on the court" and apply the techniques and approaches discussed during the session. This might include: having a critical conversation with a key stakeholder, delivering feedback/tough news, practicing executive presence techniques/delivery skills, reading articles, watching videos, reflection/writing, etc.
- Follow-up - I encourage follow-up between the coachee and sponsor throughout, but will engage in formal follow-up sessions halfway through the engagement as well as at the end. This is a facilitated discussion between me, the coachee and his/her manager/sponsor for the coaching.
- Director of Client Services, The Speaker’s Choice - January 2010 - Present
- Director – Training Programs, Spencer Stuart - November 1997 – February 2007
- Lead Instructor/Office Manager – Catapult Software Training Company* (since dissolved) - September 1994 – November 1997
TOP 5 INDUSTRIES:
- Professional Services
- Client Relationship Management
- Communication and Influence
- Executive Presence
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Leadership Development Program Design
- Managing Up Effectively
- Mindfulness at Work
- Presentation Skills
- Strengths-based Leadership Development
- Succession Planning & Talent Management