Nirupama Subramanian is a Consultant, Facilitator and Coach in the area of Leadership Development and Personal Transformation with over twenty years of work experience.
Nirupama has a Business Management Degree from XLRI, one of the leading business schools in India. She started her career with Citibank in India and then worked as a Director and General Manager with AchieveGlobal. She has been a Training Consultant with GE Capital ( Genpact).
She holds certifications from AchieveGlobal, GE Crotonville, Dr. John Maxwell, Linkage Inc, Trompenaars Hampden Turner Cross Cultural Consulting, Communispond Inc. and Mobius Inc. She is a certified DISC and Hogan Assessor.
Nirupama is also an ICF recognized coach with an ACC accreditation and over 400 coaching hours. She has done several senior level executive coaching engagements and is a Mentor with the Cherie Blair Foundation working with women entrepreneurs.
She currently works as an external Facilitator and Leadership Development expert for Mckinsey & Co and also does independent work for a variety of organizations. She has worked with clients like Samsung, GE, SAP, Tata Motors, Citibank, Nokia among others.
As a coach and facilitator, Nirupama brings creativity, courage and compassion to her work and is committed to helping other achieve their full potential.
Nirupama is an avid reader, author and columnist. She is the author of the best selling novels Keep The Change and Intermission. She writes a column on Women at Work for inblive.com and as a passionate advocate for women in leadership positions. She currently divides her time between Bangladesh and India.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, FACULTY, PUBLICATIONS
Education and Experience
- MBA from XLRI, Jamshedpur 1994.
- Citibank- Corporate Banking – 1994-1999
- AchieveGlobal-Training and Consulting- General Manager and Director- 1999-2004
- Genpact- External Training consultant – 2004-2007
- Independent Facilitator and Coach- 2007 to present
- Mckinsey & Co- Adjunct Faculty and Coach for Leadership Development
- MDI Gurgaon- Visiting Faculty
Certifications, Accreditations and Learning Experiences
- AchieveGlobal Master Trainer- Sales, Service and Leadership
- Behavioral Science Assessor- DISC and Chally Instrument
- Cross Cultural Management- Trompenaars Hampden- Turner Consulting
- Leadership Workshops – Dr. John Maxwell
- Habitudes workshops- Tim Elmore
- Executive Presentation Skills- Communispond
- Leadership workshops of GE Crotonville
- Communication Clinic- Linkage Inc
- Personal Insights Workshop and Leadership Development programs- Mckinsey & Co
- Certified Professional Coach- Leadership That Works Inc
- ACC with International Coaching Federation
- Certified Assessor and Coach for Hogan assessments
- Living Non violent Communication workshop
- Immunity to Change- Harvard Edex
- U-Lab -Transforming Self, Business and Society-MIT MOOC
- Financial Services
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 360 Assessment
- Action Learning
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Building Leadership & Org. Resilience
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Coaching Program Design & Management
- Communication and Influence
- Creating Rapport w/ Difficult Colleagues
- Creative Conflict/ Conflict Resolution
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive Assessment
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Presence
- Executive Team Alignment Facilitation
- Executive Team Assessment & Development
- Experience as an Entrepreneur
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Internal Coach Training
- Leadership Development Program Design
- Managing and Leading Change
- Coaching for Executives in New Roles
- Presentation Skills
- Team Facilitation
- Values, Mission, Vision Facilitation
- Women's Leadership