Nicholas Bicket has worked in the retail, financial services and management consulting industries. Having spent twenty-two years with South Africa’s leading supermarket chain, Pick ‘n Pay, he moved across to South Africa’s largest financial
services organisation, Old Mutual. At Pick ‘n Pay, he started on the trainee management programme and moved into Human Resources, where he headed up the compensation and talent management practices. Before he left Pick ‘n Pay, I was the Director in charge of Group Human Resources and Strategic Planning function. He took up the position of head of Human Resources and Strategic Planning for Old Mutual South Africa in 1999 and in 2006, was transferred to London to head up Human Resources, Communications, Strategy, Corporate Responsibility and Marketing and Brand.
Currently, he is the Managing Director of The Katale Partnership, a boutique management consultancy, which assists its clients in defining, aligning, articulating and implementing strategy, with particular emphasis on the influence of leadership on organisational effectiveness.
He has served on the US Presidential Council for Global HIV/AIDS, was on the Board of the Higher Education Qualifications Committee reporting to the Minister of Education (South Africa), and was a member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Customer Relationship Marketing.
He has worked in South Africa, the UK, the USA, China, Slovenia, Serbia, France and Australia.
He holds an honours degree in Psychology and a Licentiate in music and is a concert organist.
He is married to an academic (socio-linguistics) and has two university-going daughters.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, FACULTY, PUBLICATIONS
- BA (hons)
- Certified Human Synergistics Consultant/Assessor (all tests)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 360 Assessment
- Action Learning
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Building Leadership & Org. Resilience
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Coaching Program Design & Management
- Communication and Influence
- Creative Conflict/ Conflict Resolution
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ethics, Trust, & Values Based Business
- Executive Assessment
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Presence
- Executive Selection & Team Formulation
- Executive Team Alignment Facilitation
- Executive Team Assessment & Development
- Experience as a Senior Executive
- High Performing Organizations
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Innovation and Creative Problem-Solving
- Leadership Development Program Design
- Managing and Leading Change
- Merger & Acquisition Integration
- Coaching for Executives in New Roles
- Presentation Skills
- Scenario Planning
- Selection Assessment
- Strategic Planning Facilitation
- Succession Planning & Talent Management
- Team Facilitation
- Values, Mission, Vision Facilitation
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services