Ms. Mona Chai commenced her executive coaching in 2007 while a managing partner with Horton International China. With her rich, decades-long experience in executive search and overall management experience, formal academic studies in coaching skills as well as relevant knowledge, Mona has successfully turned her career into coaching service. Over the past years, she has gained valuable experience and achievements by executive coaching practice. Mona specializes in career development for senior executives undergoing career transitions that arise from changing corporate responsibilities and external business environments. bHer coachees mostly comprise VP sales, General Manager, HR Director, BD Director, CFO, and Senior Project Manager. The services provided have helped individuals and organizations achieve specific goals by means of enhancing coachees’ self-awareness and directionality.
Prior to joining Horton International China in 1993, Mona worked for over three years as HR Manager at Seacliff Developments, a JV among Portman, American International Group and Kojima (Kajima) of Japan. Before that, she had been a Shanghai municipal official at the city’s Department of Education and Technology.
As an independent practioner, Ms. Chai is now focusing her efforts on executive coaching service. Her client list includes Avon, SPX, Danone, Tenneco, CGA, British Consulate, and Aco.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, FACULTY, PUBLICATIONS
- EMBA, CEIBS, Shanghai China 1997
- B.Eng, East China Technology and Engineering University, Shanghai China 1983
- Certified Coach (ACC), International Coaching Federation (ICF) 2014
- Certification in Evidence-Based Coaching Program, Feilding School (EBC) 2014
- Certification in Facet5 Assessment tools. 2009
- Completion of Mastery Coach Program (from PEMI) 2011
- Real Estate
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 360 Assessment
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Selection & Team Formulation
- Experience as a Senior Executive
- Experience as an Entrepreneur
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Hiring and Selection
- Internal Coach Training
- Coaching for Executives in New Roles