Based in Dubai, UAE, Martin specialises in the coaching and leadership development of senior executives and their teams, supporting them in achieving and exceeding their business goals.
His fundamental purpose as an executive coach is to help senior executives and their teams achieve inspiring performance in their business. He does this through helping them and recognise, assess and build upon their core strengths and adopt approaches to achieve high standards of personal and professional success by:
- Recognising and developing their preferred behaviours, strengths and leadership qualities.
- Understanding their unique leadership presence, values framework and how these relate to and influence their personal style.
- Utilising a range of interpersonal tools and techniques to support the achievement of their goals (often) within complex organisations.
- Identifying the obstacles to career and personal goals and developing relationships that will support their own and others fulfilment both within and outside of the organisation.
- Applying transformational learning & development approaches to team performance.
Martin has a broad range of individual & team coaching, knowledge, techniques and ‘tools’ that catalyses change and performance improvement with his clients.
He combines this capability with over 25 years direct experience within international blue-chip and privately-owned fast growth organisations. Where he held senior HR; Business Development and General Management positions in the UK, USA & EMEA with Land Rover, Rank Xerox, BET and The RAC. He has managed mergers & acquisitions across Europe and the USA, led the ‘turn-around’ of failing businesses and operated as a lead consultant for international HR change management projects.
He has coached Directors, executives and their teams globally, across a range of sectors that include: engineering services (Babcock International, Turner & Townsend MENA), business services ( G4S, IDMS, Interserve), aerospace and defence (BAe, Selex Finnemeccanica), medical (St Jude Medical, GE Healthcare); manufacturing (Land Rover, Giesecke & Devrient Gmbh; Guardian Glass), energy (BP), automotive (Lex Autolease, Jato Dynamics), financial services (Abu Dhabi Investment Council, ADCB, BNP Paribas, PWC; Liverpool Victoria, Insurance Australia Group), pharmaceutical (Takeda MENA, Novozymes) and retail (Adidas MENA, Fissler Gmbh, BIC MENA).
Martin gained a Bachelor of Technology (Hons) Degree in Technology & Management from the University of Bradford. His coaching credentials include being a Member of the Association for Coaching; holds a Diploma in Advanced Executive Coaching – a qualification accredited by Middlesex University and The International Coach Federation. He also a Master Trainer for the Life Orientations (LIFO*) psychometric profiling method. (www.lifo.com)
In his youth Martin represented England at Schoolboy and University level and had spells with Bradford City and Manchester City. (Where appropriate and only where appropriate, he draws on some of his learnings about team performance from those early days!)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, FACULTY, PUBLICATIONS
- Bachelor of Technology, Technology & Management,University of Bradford
- Diploma in Advanced Executive Coaching ICF (ACC) accredited
- Master Trainer in Life Orientations Psychometric Profiling
- Regular contributor to Entrepreneur Middle East Magazine
- Regular Presenter for Academy of Executive Coaching
- Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Devevelopment (CIPD)
- Member of Institute of Directors
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Media/ Entertainment
- Private Equity/ Venture Capital
- Public Relations
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 360 Assessment
- Action Learning
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Building Leadership & Org. Resilience
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Client Relationship Management
- Coaching Program Design & Management
- Communication and Influence
- Creating Rapport w/ Difficult Colleagues
- Creative Conflict/ Conflict Resolution
- Derailment Management for Leaders
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ethics, Trust, & Values Based Business
- Executive Assessment
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Presence
- Executive Selection & Team Formulation
- Executive Team Alignment Facilitation
- Executive Team Assessment & Development
- Experience as a Senior Executive
- Experience as an Entrepreneur
- High Performing Organizations
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Hiring and Selection
- Innovation and Creative Problem-Solving
- Internal Coach Training
- Leadership Development Program Design
- Managing and Leading Change
- Managing Up Effectively
- Merger & Acquisition Integration
- Navigating Global Business Environments
- Coaching for Executives in New Roles
- Presentation Skills
- Sales Training
- Scenario Planning
- Selection Assessment
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Strategic Planning Facilitation
- Strengths-based Leadership Development
- Stress Management and Stress Reduction
- Succession Planning & Talent Management
- Systems Thinking & Learning Organization
- Team Facilitation
- Values, Mission, Vision Facilitation
- Women's Leadership