Having succeeded as an executive within complex global companies, a management consultant and culminating as an acknowledged executive coaching pioneer, Jeff knows what it takes to be and help a leader. Emphasizing real world pragmatism, he guides executives through their challenges which ultimately means making changes: thereby achieving the outcomes that are critical to themselves and their organization. He coaches them to be increasingly influential and impactful. Not one to hold your hand, he, in fact, holds clients to agreed upon goals with accountability. Challenging each to reframe roadblocks, his directness is paired with a sense of humor, fun and a love of learning.
Jeff begins every assignment gathering data, both hard and soft, until he gets a clear picture of the individual, group and organizational context. This enables the “company’s voice” to be the co-client -- so proposed changes are win-win and implementable. He designed an innovative model, “Triadic Coaching,” that is congruent with the recommendations promulgated in the Harvard Business Review. Jeff’s coaching “sweet spot” is the C-suite executive and direct reports. Clients are typically those who have climbed up the ladders of finance/accounting, IT/systems, marketing, research, operations, law, etc.
Corporate experience includes Revlon’s International Division, where he quickly rose to functional lead, introducing unique systems into 26 countries. At Hertz, he helped steer a steady course during a rocky time. Culturally sensitive, he has lived overseas, coached leaders from numerous countries and traveled broadly (60 countries and 49 states).
- At pharma, he coached head of a global function who was influential up the chain, but micromanaged. As the executive made significant improvements, Jeff provided team-building and career planning, enhancing staff’s moral and effectiveness.
- Chosen from among 250 consultants, he coached the CEO/founder and other key executives of a services firm in Houston that grew from $53 million to $1.2 billion in only seven years.
- He aided numerous CFO’s who were under excessive pressure -- as laws were introduced and the demands of the job increased. Outcomes: enabled them to relieve much of the stress, re-prioritize objectives and streamline processes.
- Assisted a senior leader in a healthcare R & D center who had been passed over for promotion. Uncovered and ameliorated the issues, including implementing a strategy that essentially eliminated "blockages." Helped her transition out of her long-term position and then again helped her gain promotion.
- He coached a CEO during early stages of two joint ventures; the CEO radically changed the business models, significantly increased EBITDA, and stabilized a dispirited staff.
AmerisourceBergen, AXA Equitable, Bank of America, Bristol MyersSquibb, Chanel, Citibank, Colgate Palmolive, CSFB, Deutsche Bank, Estee Lauder, Frontier Communications, Gallagher Insurance, General Electric, George Washington U Medical School, Guardian Life, Healthy Directions, Hoechst Celanese, Homecare Industries, IFF, IKON, ITT Industries, Johnson & Johnson, JP Morgan Chase, KMC Telecom, KPMG Peat Marwick, Malcolm Pirnie, MasterCard, MetLife, New York Stock Exchange, Nomura Securities, New York University, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Philips Electronics (healthcare, semiconductor and lighting), Rayonier, Sheraton Hotels, TIAA-CREF Insurance, Tompkins Industries, United Media (Scripps-Howard) and Winthrop Hospital. Not-for-profits include ASPCA, Praxis Housing and United Way.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, FACULTY, PUBLICATIONS
- The Conference Board, that wrote that the performance management system his firm introduced to Chevrolet was “state-of-the-art,” has recognized his firm. A frequent speaker, he has delivered presentations on the present and future state of Executive Coaching. Published in scholarly, national and local media, he was commissioned to write, Executive Coaching: A Retention Tool During Times Of Uncertainty, for an anthology featuring distinguished experts. Jeff’s BA is from Penn State; his MBA, from Baruch (CUNY).
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Higher Education
- Media/ Entertainment
- Private Equity/ Venture Capital
- Real Estate
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- 360 Assessment
- Building Leadership & Org. Resilience
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Communication and Influence
- Creating Rapport w/ Difficult Colleagues
- Creative Conflict/ Conflict Resolution
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive Assessment
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Presence
- Executive Selection & Team Formulation
- Executive Team Alignment Facilitation
- Executive Team Assessment & Development
- Experience as a Senior Executive
- Experience as an Entrepreneur
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Hiring and Selection
- Leadership Development Program Design
- Managing and Leading Change
- Managing Up Effectively
- Merger & Acquisition Integration
- Mindfulness at Work
- Navigating Global Business Environments
- Navigating Organizational Politics
- Coaching for Executives in New Roles
- Physician Leader Coaching
- Selection Assessment
- Strengths-based Leadership Development
- Stress Management and Stress Reduction
- Team Facilitation
- Values, Mission, Vision Facilitation