Based in France for over 30 years, James runs leadership and change initiative programs in both English and in French. His bicultural coaching style focuses on assets and qualities that enable people to develop deeper cross-cultural awareness. He works with both executives and teams, relying on multi-level listening, on a systemic vision as well as Situational Management, cognitive and behavioral tools.
He has broadened his coaching skills with a certification program conducted by Mediat-Coaching in Paris (www.mediat-coaching.com), following this with MBTI certification, both in French. Accredited to use Team Management Systems (TMS), he develops team dynamics, building coherence and trust along with vision and ambition. Recently, he has undergone training in Appreciative Inquiry to further explore how to best express key values in a corporate setting as well as Organization Relations Systems Coaching (ORSC), a fully accredited certification program for International Coaching Federation. More recently, he was certified by Réseau Aramis for Co-Development, a program conducted in French, facilitating cross-functional management teams who share practices and enhance management practices in an interdependent fashion.
In terms of public poise and speaking, he accompanies managers who need to communicate masterfully, sharing acting and voice techniques acquired from his stage experience. As member of Speaker’s Academy, he gives conferences on dynamic change processes. For eight years, he organized and ran a program built around sustainable development challenges, calling on corporations to share best practices with engineering students studying for their Masters degree. This program has produced one highly successful international start-up sponsored by Cisco.
He co-authored a book published in French by A2C Média Editions, “Réussir le défi du changement en 7 étapes” (Available as a English-language e-book under Kindle, Meet the challenge of change in 7 steps) with Brigitte Warnez, ex-director of development at L’Oreal. He continues to publish bilingual blog-posts on his website, www.emergingstep.com
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, FACULTY, PUBLICATIONS
- Tufts University (1978), dual major in Literature and Theater, with honors
- Worked on Theater techniques: directing, studying mime and voice with E. Martin-Brown (London)
- Based in France since 1982, set up training company in 1986, running customized corporate action-training programs.
Training and certifications, in Paris France:
- Training in coaching, 2000 – Brigitte Warnez, trained under Vincent Lenhardt, certified member of la Société Française de Coaching (Process Communication Management, Enneagram, Transactional Analysis, Neuro-linguistic Programming, Creative Problem-Solving techniques, coaching ethics…)
- Dimension Coaching, Certified Coaching training program with Médiat-Coaching
- MBTI certification, Cabinet Osiris, 2006
- Team Management Systems certification, TMSDI in London, 2008, Opportunity Orientation Profile (OOP) and Linking Skills Profile (LSP), a 360° Review tool.
- Certified in Organization Relationship Systems Coaching (ORSC), a fully accredited program by IFC, 140 hours, 2012.
- Certification in Co-Development (in French), Réseau Aramis, facilitating cross-functional management teams on problem-solving, 2013.
Affiliations in France:
- Member of Association Nationale des Directeurs des Ressources Humaines (ANDRH)
- Accredited member of European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Higher Education
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Building Leadership & Org. Resilience
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Coaching Program Design & Management
- Communication and Influence
- Creating Rapport w/ Difficult Colleagues
- Creative Conflict/ Conflict Resolution
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ethics, Trust, & Values Based Business
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Presence
- Innovation and Creative Problem-Solving
- Leadership Development Program Design
- Managing and Leading Change
- Coaching for Executives in New Roles
- Presentation Skills
- Team Facilitation
- Values, Mission, Vision Facilitation