David has a broad background in strategy and organizational change as a board member, CEO, executive and consultant in a career spanning industries including healthcare, professional services, financial services, insurance and alternative energy. He has been a director and Chair of a range of companies including private, public, Government and NFP's. His clients include listed, global, startup and government organizations with significant experience in working with owners and boards. He has worked in Australasia, the UK, USA and Asia. He provides leadership assessment and coaching, including working with executives who are in crisis in new roles or in organizations facing unexpected challenges that have not been adequately met and managed.David has a long history of working in volunteer organizations and provides consulting and coaching pro bono on a regular basis. David is married, his wife is an executive in the aged care industry, they have three adult children and he is an avid motorcyclist, skier and swimmer.David works with the client to understand the internal and external environments, the personal and professional issues and challenges and seeks to gather information from the organization to use as a framework. Assessments in EI, Personality, Business Acumen can be provided and/or work with the in house assessment data. Classically, face to face sessions once a month with access in-between via phone and email encouraged, but often virtual sessions are conducted due to travel, diary and timezone challenges. Change outcomes are expected within three months and should be sustainable within six.
- Chairman - Aura Alternative Energy Ltd, Cerno Ltd, Freemans Insurance Services, Freemans Southern Australia,
- Director – Urban Ethos (FMCG), Ambulance Victoria ($740 million pa, 3,000 employees) also - Board Member of the People, Culture and Community and the Operational Performance & Innovation Committees –
- Managing Director (Coaching and leadership consulting roles) - Change Management Systems - Quad Assessment
- Partner – Banks Management Group
- CEO - Cerno Ltd (Insurance).
- Project Director – State Government (multi agency, emergency services state communications shared service), Pre hospital Response Programs – UK, USA, China.
- OD Advisor to Global VP, Financial Shared Services, Listed Mining co
Education, Certifications, Faculty, Publications
- Bachelor of Business (Personnel and Industrial Relations)
- Grad Diploma (Company Director)
- Fellow, Instiitute of Coaching, MacLean Hospital, Harvard
- Member, Australian Instiute of Company Directors
- SHL/CEB - Cognitive and Personality
- Business Acumen Gauge
- Computer Technologies
- Not For Profit
- Professional Services
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive Assessment
- Executive Team Assessment & Development