Christopher specializes in establishing the communication and relationships skills at board level that will enable leaders and their teams to create a compelling vision for their company, and then develop and implement the strategy to get them there. He has worked and coached in the methodology underlying Playing Hamlet’s Executive Team Alignment Process for eleven years.
Christopher works with executive and leadership teams to remove self-imposed barriers to the successful implementation of their strategy. He is a director of Playing Hamlet and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment. He regularly chairs City of London conferences and seminars and runs workshops on making business relationships work powerfully and on communications that will influence and persuade - skills that are critical to energizing a workforce behind the corporate vision.
Christopher commissioned into 15th/19th The King’s Royal Hussars in 1976-9 and worked with the Territorial Reserve for another twelve years. As a Member of the London Stock Exchange in 1989, he managed the private clients of Quilter Goodison Ltd before becoming Director of Investment Management, at Westminster lawyers Bircham Dyson Bell in 1995, setting up and running their fund management operation. He was also a director of the Association of Solicitors and Investment Managers.
More recently, he has been a consultant to Defaqto Ltd and a Senior Adviser to the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment where he was responsible for designing their successful Masters Qualification in Wealth Management. His client list includes: Fidelity International; Raymond James Investment Management; Brewin Dolphin Securities; Defaqto Ltd; MCF Corporate Finance.
Prior Professional Experience
- Senior Adviser to the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Associate Director, then Consultant to Defaqto Ltd
- Associate Partner, St. James’s Place Wealth Management
- Director of Investment Management, Bircham Dyson Bell
- Director, Association of Solicitors & Investment Managers
- Associate Director, Quilter Goodison Ltd.
Education, Memberships, Publications
- University of Manchester Ba Econ (Economics & Politics)
- Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
- Landmark Education, Curriculum for Living program, Introduction Leader, Seminar Leader
- CISI Diploma
- Contributor to CISI Review; Powerchex Newsletter