Coaching Biography: McMahon is a seasoned executive coach working with leaders at every level. Ms. McMahon specializes in working with senior leaders and their executive teams. Ms McMahon works internationally for companies including the Fortune 50, government, non-profit and one- person start ups. She specializes in leadership development, strategic partnering, change management, and develops Mindfulness Training programs as well as programs for Women in Leadership. For the last eight years Ms. McMahon has also focused her research and work on Executives in Transition
Ms. McMahon started her career as a psychotherapist. For several years, she worked as a full time clinical consultant to a police department in Northern California. This experience compelled her into her research on stress management and during this time she developed one of the first systemic programs in stress management. This model was later transformed into a model on Transformational Change and lead into her work on Mindful Leadership.
Ms. McMahon engages with every client, team and organization as a thought partner. Her goal is to help them to design and execute on sustainable transformational change. To achieve this Ms. McMahon pulls on decades of experience/learning from the fields of psychology, organizational management, sociology. and business to turn ideas into action. She frequently uses her model for Transformational Change:'The Six Points of Influence' as a resource- building understanding and best practices to influence -Perception, Practices, Partnerships, and Performance through reflection and discipline.
Ms. McMahon has accumulated thirty years of clinical experience. This includes her experience as a full time clinical consultant to a police department and later as a stress management consultant working with professionals in high risk occupations. This lead her into her current work as a coach, consultant and trainer working nationally and internationally.
Education, Certifications, Faculty, Publications
- MSW, MFT, PC- Currently working on completion to be coaching supervisor (completion date in Sept 2017) Certified in CDR, Marshall Goldsmith Behavioral Coaching.
- She has keynoted and developed training programs for Women in Leadership, Strategic Partnering, Team Building , Strategies for Successful Leadership and Mindfulness for companies including Shell International, Intel, Pella Corporation, Nektar Therapeutics, Yahoo, University Polytechnic in Madrid and many others.
- Ms. Mintzer-McMahon was an instructor for over twenty years in the Graduate Psychology Department at John F. Kennedy University in Orinda, California, teaching Systems Theory and Group Dynamics.
- Based on her specialization in leadership development, coaching and consulting, she is a contributing author to Enlightened Power: How Women Are Transforming the Practice of Leadership released in April 2005 and is a contributing author to Marshall Goldsmith's book, Coaching for Leadership (2012), showcasing her model for Transformational Change. She is also a co- author to Taking the Stage: Breakthrough Stories from Women Leaders (2013).
- Executive Coaching
- Professional Services
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Emotional Intelligence
- Managing and Leading Change
- Mindfulness at Work
- Women's Leadership