Andrew Cohn has worked globally for over 20 years as a consultant, facilitator, coach and problem-solver for businesses and individuals. Andrew’s work improves his clients’ business results and culture, and enhances individual performance and satisfaction. His focused and compassionate style help leaders and teams focus on what matters most and how to effectively act on it.
Andrew has counseled and trained leaders on a variety of issues including team leadership, performance management, interpersonal effectiveness, strategic thinking, diversity and women’s leadership, conflict resolution, and work/life balance. He works with clients to overcome “right v. wrong” thinking in favor of what works, and he supports leaders in expanding their toolkits related to communication and relationships, business strategy development and technical competence.
Andrew emphasizes awareness and personal development as foundational to skill development and improved effectiveness. His open-minded and non-judgmental style fosters trust and positive focus, and he helps his clients move through troubled waters quickly and productively
Andrew’s corporate clients have included Microsoft, Cisco, Subaru, Hershey, Saatchi & Saatchi, FMC, Mercedes-Benz USA, Johnson & Johnson, and BASF. He has also taught leadership, ethics, conflict resolution, and mindfulness at the MBA and undergraduate levels.
Andrew practiced law for seven years prior to founding his own consulting firm in 1997. He earned his Juris Doctorate at Loyola Law School, an in MA Applied/Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica, and a Bachelors Degree in International Relations (with emphasis on international business and economics) from Boston University. He also practices and teaches Aikido.
Education, Certifications, Faculty, Publications
- BA, International Relations, concentration in International Business and Economics. Minor in French. Boston University.
- MA, Applied/Spiritual Psychology, University of Santa Monica.
- JD, Loyola Law School.
- Certified in MBTI, DISC, LSI, The Leadership Circle, Hogan suite, Ethical Fitness (Institute for Global Ethics).
- Workplace mediation training, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Black belt in Aikido.
- Coach/Faculty, The Wharton School of Business, Philadelphia.
- Workshop faculty, The Wharton School of Business ("Resolving Conflict with Power and Presence")
- Faculty at University of Phoenix, MBA levels ("Organizational Leadership", "Managerial Ethics and Professional Responsibility", "Managerial Communication")
- Faculty, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia ("The Mindful MBA:Applying Mindfulness Principles and Techniques to Promote Success")
- Staff Editor and Special Editor, Organizational Development Journal [Three editions]
- Beauty & Cosmetics
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Higher Education
- Media/ Entertainment
Areas of Expertise
- 360 Assessment
- Action Learning
- Building Leadership & Org. Resilience
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Change Management/ Leadership
- Client Relationship Management
- Communication and Influence
- Creative Conflict/ Conflict Resolution
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ethics, Trust, & Values Based Business
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Team Alignment Facilitation
- High Performing Organizations
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Internal Coach Training
- Leadership Development Program Design
- Managing and Leading Change
- Managing Up Effectively
- Mindfulness at Work
- Navigating Global Business Environments
- Navigating Organizational Politics
- Coaching for Executives in New Roles
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Strengths-based Leadership Development
- Stress Management and Stress Reduction
- Succession Planning & Talent Management
- Team Facilitation
- Values, Mission, Vision Facilitation
- Women's Leadership