Agnes Mura, MA, is a globally experienced Master Certified Coach to C-suite and senior executives, boards, business owners and service professionals. For over 15 years, she has demonstrated success and special expertise in coaching leaders through high-stakes high-performance challenges of all types - individually and in teams - including performance leaps, role expansion, dramatic change in location or geographic reach, integration in new corporate cultures, and how to successfully shift the culture of a team, a function or a board.
Executives and teams turn to her at the critical junctures to strengthen skills (e.g. developing their strategic abilities, managing dispersed multi-cultural teams and companies) or to vastly expand their leadership competencies (e.g. stakeholder negotiations, public communications, influence, global emotional intelligence, executive presence, matrix collaboration).
Agnes Mura leads powerful team building processes for executive teams and boards, and regularly facilitates creative retreats (e.g. strategic planning / scenario planning) for her client companies. When designing and delivering leadership development programs for senior or emerging groups of global leaders, she directly impacts each firm’s culture and results. She performs thorough and transformational evaluations for public and private boards and their C-suite executives.
She was a founding director of the Professional Coaches and Mentors Association, the founding president of the International Consortium for Coaching in Organizations, author of several leadership publications (and two books) and prominent in the coaching community as an expert practitioner and leader of the profession.
Ms. Mura inspires and develops Global 1000 corporate talent from Europe to Latin America. Fluent in six languages, she is currently coaching and consulting worldwide in English, Spanish and German, virtually as well as in person.
Agnes Mura’s personal journey as a leader was forged in her escape from communist Romania; then included teaching and running an academic program in Germany, helping break the Soviet boycott of the 1984 Olympics as the Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee’s Envoy to Romania, and a ten-year management career in international banking. Her last role at Bankers Trust Co. of New York was Mexico Country Head for private banking and California Representative.
She continues to be a business leader herself by serving on the Board of Directors of AIRCASTLE, a billion dollar publicly traded global company (AYR; NYSE) that acquires, leases and sells high-utility commercial jet aircraft to airlines throughout the world.
Education, Certifications, Faculty, Publications
- MA, Philosophy & Linguistics -‐ Cologne Univ., Germany
- Assessments: - Expertly designed, customized interview-based multi-rater feedback and evaluation processes. - Hay Emotional Competencies Inventory 360, Benchmarks 360 (CCL), Kaisen 360, Compass 360, Leadership Practices Inventory 360, Lominger 360 (Voices). - FIRO B, MBTI, Hogan Suite, DISC, FEBI (www.focusleadership.com), Workplace Motivators and TrimetrixEQ (TTI), Coaching Effectiveness (Korn Ferry), Learning Styles, Thomas Kilman Conflict Mode Instrument, Conflict Dynamics Profile.
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Miami - Certified Professional Coaching program
- Author of "coachbook" - A Guide to Organizational Coaching Strategies and Practices, 2011
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Food and Beverage
- Media/ Entertainment
Areas of Expertise
- 360 Assessment
- Building Leadership and Organizational Resilience
- C-Suite Leader Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Presence
- Mindfulness at Work
- Team Facilitation
- High Potential Leader Coaching
- Strategic Planning Facilitation
- Stress Management and Stress Reduction
- Leadership Development Program Design
- On-boarding Coaching for Executives in New Roles
- Navigating International and Multicultural Business Environments
- Executive Team Assessment and Development
- Experience as a Senior Executive
- Coaching Program Design and Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communication and Influence
- Creating Rapport with Difficult Colleagues
- Derailment Management for High Value Leaders